CSC Audit Documents
- CSC Certificate CSC-0001: CRH Canada, Acton Quarry (Phases 1, 2 and 3)
- CSC Certificate CSC-0002: Lafarge Canada, Oro Pit
CSC’s Responsible Aggregate Standard
- Responsible Aggregate Standard (V3): Released for a two-year pilot period beginning January 12, 2105
- CR 3.1 and 3.2 Interpretation Note: Clarification from CSC’s Board of Directors with respect to the requirements of Principle 3.
- Two-year pilot overview (Jan 2015 – Jan 2017): An overview of CSC’s proposed two-year pilot period and process for Standard review and revision
- Guide to requirements for CSC Registered sites: A summary of the core requirements proposed aggregate operations (operations not yet licensed and extracting aggregate) must successfully demonstrate to achieve CSC status
- Guide to requirements for CSC Certified sites: A summary of the core requirements existing aggregate operations (operations that are licensed and extracting aggregate) must successfully demonstrate to achieve CSC status
- Responsible Aggregate Standard (V2): Released for 75-day public consultation period January – March 2014
- Record of comments: A record of the 2,000+ comments received during CSC’s 75-day consultation period on the Responsible Aggregate Standard (V2)
- Response to comments: A record of CSC’s response to summarized comments received during CSC’s 75-day consultation period on the Responsible Aggregate Standard (V2)
CSC’s Certification System
- Design of a Certification System Chart: A chart identifying the decision features, and their impacts, which must be considered when designing a certification system
- Work plan for new Certification Systems: The activities, milestones and general timelines required for designing, developing and launching a new certification system.
- Policy and Procedures List: The name, description and prioritization of policies that are required for launch of a new Certification System.
- Draft Certification System Manual: The draft processes and procedures that define how CSC might audit sites against CSC’s Standards. This includes: type and scope of assessments, audit planning, audit process, non-conformance, reporting, auditor eligibility, certification decisions/issuance, and audit templates.
- Draft Issues Resolution Policy: Draft policy addressing how issues with the CSC Certification Scheme are addressed. This includes: identification of issues, process for resolution, hierarchy of escalation, and templates for monitoring, comments, appeals and formal complaints.
- Draft Statement of Independence: Identifies how CSC ensures the credibility of the CSC Certification System. This includes: financial and operational independence of CSC and certification branch, auditor impartiality, transparency of information, and consistency and quality of assessments.
- Education presentations: Powerpoint presentations on ‘Certification 101’ and ‘Auditing 101’, which describe what sustainability standards and certification are, and how they are audited. Download ‘Certification 101’ or ‘Auditing 101’.
- Auditor Training Course overview: Powerpoint presentation that includes a sample agenda, learning objectives, suggested features, and evaluation form for conducting auditor training.